The Republic of Amabilis is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Maybelle with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, triple-decker prams, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 1.84 billion Maybellites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maybellegrad. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Amabilisian economy, worth 237 trillion lebiams a year, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 129,159 lebiams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry, and surveillance cameras are banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Amabilis's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Nashrelig.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Amabilis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, stuttering trypanophobes are doomed never to marry.
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office.
- : Amabilis was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Amabilis, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Amabilis was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Amabilis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Death Penalty Ban".
- : Amabilis was endorsed by The Fiefdom of Insi Karai.
- : Amabilis was endorsed by The Ständestaat of Mays Austrian Nation.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Talitoa, VW53Aland, Euricanis, BearStackof2015, Grossvietnam, Zukchiva, Kampf Empire, H-Zhena, Dragons Blood, Stellar Colonies, Greater New Cassandra, Evrigenis, Zulkig, Staynes, Wiranath, Horn of Havenkaap, La xinga, Libertanny, Tretrid, New Leganes, Ridann, Plazland, Brotherland, Kianhua, Merlovich, Serkin, Pakitsk, A mean old man, The Solar Ottomans, Volinovia, Niveko, Fellon, Davinhia, ArenaC, Rainbow Vests, Asendavia, Luisagna, Headpat Central, East Malaysia, BuciLand, New Bradenia Ghost, Yelkinam, Gunov, Forktoon, Albrook, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Forro Islands, Lingu, Tissandra, Oofery, and 45 others.Khadah, Layngderfleethe, Bundes Republic Deutschland, Coruh, Markhor, Azureano, Order of the saint Dumas, Acyl Halide, Modra, Distro-Spartica, Acronis, Debluu, Chrootangtonia, Nevertopia, Republoslavia, FreedomIand, Lanwa, Anarchica landia, The Three States of Fortuna, Bharatewa, Karatol-Advenra, Danelaw Scandinavia, EHTYCSCYTHE, Zeiberland, Tassirion, The Death Syndicate, Fradrildrun, Alttaea, Dannemarie, Wallenburg, Axdel, Santa Dystopia, Aoba-Johsai, South Azerbijan, Ankras, BTProductions, Kangarawa, Aeoliah, Esoteric Ferrets, A Slanted Black Stripe, Cellar Doors, From New World, Hogwarts of muggles, Mays Austrian Nation, and Insi Karai.