|Leader||Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen|
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.533 billion Iodinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 94.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Iodinian economy, worth 347 trillion ionics a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 137,384 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, and families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, biotech companies are fined if their jumbled genetic sequences look too familiar.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, cooking with water and baking soda is considered patent infringement.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them.
- : Iodinia published "Coronavirus Lockdown Eased in Iodinia" (Bulletin: Policy).
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, where there's smoke there's the Iodinian Forestry Department.
- : Iodinia endorsed The Church of Slongs.
- : Iodinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
Endorsements Received: 72 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Someseni, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wersh, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Brethren, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Stellar Colonies, Matdor, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Goodnamesarerare, Swiftwhiskers, Cameronia Excellentia, Ridann, Servants of Gizmo, Wiranath, Osterreich und Ungarn, Evrigenis, Modra, Kalaratri, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Fellon, Tretrid, Waldenes, Ripsylvania, Lingu, Acronis, The Eternal Land of Jong, and 22 others.The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Technocratic Tagalog, Rohanland, SecularNorth, Tseriesiscoming, TM-Jesselton, Imprisoned Freeman, Philville2, Coruh, Filipopol, BuciLand, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, ArenaC, Nevertopia, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, BTProductions, and Refuge Isle.