|Leader||Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen|
The Most Serene Republic of Iodinia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Alexandra Ericsen with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, national health service, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 3.541 billion Iodinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elaburg. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Iodinian economy, worth 522 trillion ionics a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 147,488 ionics, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again, homophobia is off the menu, and banning party poppers has been a real party pooper. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Iodinia's national animal is the grey seal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, homophobia is off the menu.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, it is not politically correct to suspect that a serially convicted burglar might steal again.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes.
- : Iodinia endorsed The Republic of Sunsistan.
- : Iodinia endorsed The Socialist Literary Society of Cellar Doors.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Republic of Sunsistan.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Republic of Empire of the Galaxies.
- : Iodinia was endorsed by The Socialist Literary Society of Cellar Doors.
- : Following new legislation in Iodinia, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Iodinia.
Endorsements Received: 79 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, BearStackof2015, Hizuru, Am Echad, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Libertanny, Axdel, Republic of Berzerkistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Pakitsk, Kampf Empire, Roliganistan, Liberstankonia, La xinga, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, United China Nation, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, East Malaysia, Kyrloth, Goodnamesarerare, Cameronia Excellentia, Ridann, Servants of Gizmo, Wiranath, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Rainbow Vests, Talitoa, Merlovich, Zukchiva, Fellon, Tretrid, Ripsylvania, Lingu, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Imprisoned Freeman, BuciLand, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, and 29 others.Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Forro Islands, Gunov, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Oofery, Tawuse, Coruh, Markhor, Davinhia, FreedomIand, Acronis, Nevertopia, Lanwa, Wallenburg, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, ArenaC, Ankras, Dravida India, Layngderfleethe, Republic of New India, Hellod Immury, BTProductions, Aeoliah, Niveko, Cellar Doors, and Sunsistan.