|Faith||The Church of Havenwelle|
The Grand Republic of Havenwelle is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kevin Burke with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, aversion to nipples, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 12.618 billion Havenwelleans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Grand Haven. The average income tax rate is 18.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Havenwellean economy, worth a remarkable 2,222 trillion Havs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 176,137 Havs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
It is against the rules of boxing to hit above or below the belt, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Grand Haven, Kevin Burke can't hear a thing when the unwashed masses throw rocks at the new state limousine, and foreign policy is based upon the principle of sieve and take. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Havenwelle's national animal is the Brittany Spaniel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Church of Havenwelle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, foreign policy is based upon the principle of sieve and take.
- : Havenwelle voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Abortion"".
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, Kevin Burke can't hear a thing when the unwashed masses throw rocks at the new state limousine.
- : Havenwelle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian, Most Conservative, and Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Grand Haven.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, it is against the rules of boxing to hit above or below the belt.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, theatre may or may not be changing for the better but it is being changed for good.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, nursing mothers are often arrested for indecent exposure.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, human sacrifice to the metaphorical altar of Mammon ensures national prosperity.
- : Following new legislation in Havenwelle, pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Brickfield, Estanglia, Pirataria, Yugarritia, Utopian Earth, Ipsonasia, United Kingdoms of Redania, Greatnessity City, Almendron, Polgaria, Liberepublia, Poquaoi, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Lethen, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Thurston, Ajaccino, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Katkasistan, Andradus, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Sablania, New France Republic, Corovos, Pygania, P0ptr0pica, Geektopia, Ganud, The Democratic Peoples, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Cyberpunk, Illyrda, and 11 others.Romanengo City, Euramericasia, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Euperis, Akeland, Laudesia, Fernlass, and Averille.