|Leader||President Yuliya Surkova|
The Federative Republic of Southern Yugoslavia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Yuliya Surkova with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 24.156 billion Volkians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — is primarily concerned with Education, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Volkgoroda. The average income tax rate is 97.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Volkian economy, worth a remarkable 3,368 trillion koronas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,457 koronas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Southern Yugoslavia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume, and traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Southern Yugoslavia's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Mahitou.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Southern Yugoslavia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Southern Yugoslavia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nevertopia.
- : Southern Yugoslavia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : Southern Yugoslavia was endorsed by The Empire of Eastern Hyront Scassen.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Yugoslavia, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Yugoslavia, elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Yugoslavia, tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash.
- : Following new legislation in Southern Yugoslavia, Southern Yugoslavia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Southern Yugoslavia was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Southern Yugoslavia created a custom banner.
Endorsements Received: 89 » Goodnamesarerare, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, A Slanted Black Stripe, Lanagon, Adolanta, Kriov, Mundiferrum, Slys Paws, Dragonia, Urimel, New Leganes, Axdel, Hobbesistan, Kangarawa, Trimmania, Slui, Brotherland, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Wiranath, Sansangra, Riveraland, Socialist Holy American Empire, Someseni, British Calradia, Galve, Squid Ruinosa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Hizuru, Gorbastan, Neruch, The United Asian Republics, VW53Aland, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, BearStackof2015, Kalaratri, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Plazland, Libertanny, Enlil, Grossvietnam, Liberstankonia, Tuvaltastan, La xinga, Matdor, Marrabuk, Dragons Blood, and 39 others.Todd McCloud, East Malaysia, Evrigenis, Rhealaliit, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Western Pakistan, Ripsylvania, Trulu, Tretrid, Rohanland, Raunch, Asendavia, Lingu, Vaskeden, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, BuciLand, Camdyn Islands, Quinto Piano, The Eternal Land of Jong, Khadah, Lantros, Puelo, Mays Austrian Nation, Tseriesiscoming, SecularNorth, Greater New Cassandra, Calmarya, Filipopol, Quail Empire, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Mog the Moogle, Chriona, Survivoristan, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Rainbow Vests, and Nevertopia.