|Leader||President Rodrigo Santillan|
The Honorable Commonwealth of Pekweng is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Rodrigo Santillan with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, parental licensing program, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, humorless, devout population of 13.327 billion Pekwengnians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katherinia. The average income tax rate is 90.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Pekwengnian economy, worth a remarkable 1,632 trillion Crons a year, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 122,463 Crons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, a burger chain recently changed its name to Mack Donaldz for legal reasons, and kids these days know how to throw a proper punch. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pekweng's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch.
- : Pekweng was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, a burger chain recently changed its name to Mack Donaldz for legal reasons.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- : Pekweng voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, powerful x-ray machines used by the Customs Department can see into the homes of nearby residents.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, grannies get pulled over for knitting pullovers while driving.
- : Pekweng endorsed The Armed Republic of Mossy-Oak.
- : Following new legislation in Pekweng, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Bai Lung, Todd McCloud, The Empire of Rijelv, Fedele, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Goodnamesarerare, Davelands, Axdel, Janoobi Jazair, Wiranath, Hizuru, Roissyland, Adolanta, Survivoristan, Unger under over, Brotherland, Just Vale 2, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Socialist Holy American Empire, Am Echad, Thyaclinia, Pakitsk, Bachtendekuppen, United China Nation, Funkadelia, Kilkire, The United Neo American Union, Nazagully, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, Libertanny, Escade, Marrico, Liberstankonia, Osterreich und Ungarn, The Almighty Country, Marrabuk, Arkantis, Karatol-Advenra, Grossvietnam, British Calradia, Wanabe, Lerasi, Danesopia, The Holy Empire of Moronica, CopyCato, and 11 others.Galve, Plazland, Slys Paws, Talitoa, Sericena, Staynes, Stanisiti, Eagas, La xinga, The Angel of Charity, and Mossy-Oak.