The Isle of Parenthos is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its digital currency, anti-smoking policies, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 8.139 billion Chefs enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Voa. The average income tax rate is 69.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Parenthosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,050 trillion Berries a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 129,059 Berries, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
RPG fans reminisce fondly about when people thought they were evil and dangerous rather than geeky and socially inept, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, the nation's taxpayers pay for foreign government's extravagances, and you need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly. Crime is totally unknown. Parenthos's national animal is the Loch, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Conscience.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Parenthos endorsed Northern californian beauty.
- : Parenthos was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Parenthos applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Parenthos's influence in The Other Side rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Parenthos rejected a request from Anime Girls for an embassy with The Other Side.
- : Parenthos's influence in The Other Side rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Parenthos rejected a request from Gypsy Lands for an embassy with The Other Side.
- : Parenthos established the regional flag of The Other Side.
- : Parenthos appointed Northern californian beauty as Vice-Delegate with authority over Border Control, Communications, and Embassies in The Other Side.
- : Parenthos's influence in The Other Side rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
Endorsements Received: None.