|Capital||The Speaker's Office|
The Glorious Almighty Speaker of Gorundu is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic population of 919 million Gorundans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Speaker's Office. The average income tax rate is 48.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Gorundan economy, worth 17.4 trillion seashells a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Soda Sales. Average income is 18,900 seashells, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal for a parent to tell a child to stop eating their boogers, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, and Gorundu has designated The Speaker's Office as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gorundu's national animal is the human, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gorundu resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Dabarastan.
- : Gorundu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Holy Republic of New Bremerton.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Nothru Lerple.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Ghost of Delegate Past of Pallaith.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Corfad.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Republic of Sockmanland.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Amauri.
- : Gorundu was endorsed by The Republic of Parmovand.